Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Full-circle Baghead

For Read Across America Day, Maryn Shilale dressed as Baghead. Check it out:




The extra cool part about Maryn dressing up as Baghead? Her gandfather was my high school art teacher back at Holy Name Central Catholic High School in Worcester, MA. Here's a picture of me in Mr. Shilale's art room back when I was 14:


And it was around that time when he assigned us a homework project where we were to draw a still-life of a paper bag, using only brown paper, white chalk and black Conte crayon. Being one who preferred his art to have a narrative, I cut a face into my paper bag and drew this:


And years later, that still-life assignment would inspire me to draw this:


And now his granddaughter has dressed up as Baghead! It doesn't get much cooler than that!

1 comment:

tammi sauer said...

That's so awesome I can hardly take it. :)